Summer is on the way and with it comes VACATION planning. Luckily for me, LB does all the general trip planning, making travel arrangements and hotel reservations. All I have to do is take time off from work (no need to twist my arm).
Then comes wardrobe planning. Although this sounds fairly simple, I start thinking about it at least a week in advance to be sure I don’t forget anything and can fit it all into one suitcase. Actually fitting everything into one suitcase shouldn’t be an issue as mine is big enough to throw out your back. LB knows.
If you do a google search for tropical/beach vacation packing, you’ll likely find a strategy that involves a list of items that you can mix and match. It looks something like this:
· 2 swimsuits, and if they are 2-pieces, make sure the bottoms coordinate with the tops so you have even more options
· 2 tunics and/or 2 sundresses (to total 2) that will serve as cover-ups by day and going out pieces by night
· 3-7 pairs panties and 2-3 bras, depending on washer/dryer availability
· 2-3 pairs of gym shorts (if you plan to work out), depending on washer/dryer availability (remember, you can rinse in the sink!)
· 2 t-shirts and 3 tank tops
· 2 going out tops, like a sparkly tank and a linen camp shirt
· One pair shorts, preferably white
· One fun skirt, preferably white
· White jeans
· Light sweater or jacket
· 1 pair flip flops
· 1 pair trainers or athleisure shoes + socks
· 1 pair wedges
· A colorful statement necklace
· Gold hoop earrings
· A floppy hat that folds in your suitcase
· Toiletries & incidentals (Make travel size toiletries from drug store containers.)
· Make sure to pack electronic chargers.
· Assume a hairdryer is at your hotel/rental house, but you may want to check!
That is a nice list, and I can use it after I plan like this:
Day 1 (travel): white shorts/orange shirt/tan wedges
Evening 1: same
Day 2: orange swimsuit/Marilyn Tee shirt/orange shorts/orange sandals
Evening 2: white maxi dress/tan wedges
Day 3: black swimsuit/black wrap/black tank/black sandals
Evening 3: navy sundress/tan wedges
Day 4: black/white swimsuit/pom-pom top/denim shorts/flip-flops
Evening 4: multi-colored off the shoulder dress/black sandals
Day 5 (travel): multi-colored romper/orange sandals
I like my way better.
These are some of the lovely items I included in my packing list
I had to google Pashmina.
I still don’t get it.