There are several blogs that I follow… most of them are fashion blogs. One in particular that I enjoy is Coast to Coast (by Lisa, an East Coast girl in a West Coast world). She will occasionally post an outfit or publish a post that is fashion related, but she includes a little bit of everything in her blog. That is my kind of blog! I’ve picked up several ideas from her, including “Friday Favorites” and “Show and Tell Tuesday”. Today when I looked at her blog I found a post titled Back to School by The Blended Blog ‘asks’.
Since I enjoyed reading Lisa’s answers, I thought I would join in the fun for a walk down Memory Lane.
My Back to School Answers:
1. Did I love school or hate it? I didn’t love going to school, but I loved having the opportunity to make good grades, and I’ve always enjoyed learning something new.
2. Start school before or after Labor Day? LB and I were just talking about this Sunday. He mentioned that school used to start after Labor Day because most schools didn’t have air conditioning. I honestly can’t remember when school started. But I do remember graduating from high school in June!
3. Wake up: Eager Beaver or Slow Poke? I’m pretty quick to jump up out of bed now. When I was growing up I must’ve been a slow poke; I remember Daddy calling “Rise and Shine, Beeping Sleauty”
4. Favorite Breakfast? Usually cereal with milk
5. Favorite Cereal? Something chocolateyI still love chocolate cereals!
6. School Uniform? No, we didn’t wear uniforms back in the 1800’s… except for during P.E. That’s a topic in itself!
7. New outfit for the first day of school? Yes. Usually. I think.
9. Backpack, tote, or messenger bag? I always carried my books until I started college at the turn of the century. Then I had a backpack.
10. Eat school lunch or pack lunch? A metal lunchbox with a glass thermos. Sounds dangerous, right?
13. Favorite thing to do at recess? Wasn’t a fan of recess… definitely didn’t enjoy Duck, Duck, Goose!
14. Favorite back to school item? Hmmm…. probably the new notebook… a Trapper Keeper… or something similarly awesome!
15. Chalkboard or Dry erase board? Chalkboard… and the worse thing ever was being called to the front of the class to work a math problem to be watched by all (tears).16. Regular pencil or mechanical? Regular… number two, of course17. Homework as soon as you got home or after dinner? I don’t remember having much homework until high school, but at that point, with all the extracurricular activities, it was do homework whenever you find the time.
20. Favorite subject in school? Art… no question.
21. Least favorite subject in school? P.E. (Physical Education) OMG… remember the physical fitness tests? Getting sweaty then having to go back to class! Wearing those ridiculous outfits a/k/a gym suits! I have searched the internet high and low and those things are nowhere to be found. I’m convinced that God Himself intervened!
22. Name of your best friend in high school? My aunt Debbie, Kim M., Kellie G., LaTresia B.
24. SAT or ACT? SAT is the only test I remember having to take before college. The MLST (Minimum Level Skills Test) was the goofy test that we were required to pass to move on to the next grade.
25. Favorite year in school? My Senior year. Definitely!
26. Class ring or no class ring? Yes I have a class ring. Because I dropped it, there is a chip in the stone, but it is still pretty.27. Attend or not attend high school reunions? At this point I have not attended any of my reunions. Hopefully I will be able to do so in the future!